RE: Keeping Your Home's Top in Tip-Top Shape
How often do you think about your home’s roof?
You know it’s there but you probably don’t think about it as often as you should! With the colder weather quickly approaching, it’s important to make sure it’s in good working condition to uphold the rain/snow and other winter elements. So how do you make sure it’s ready to protect you, your family, and all of your personal items?
- Each Fall, make sure to do a quick inspection to see if there are any loose, damaged, or even missing shingles. If there are, get them fixed immediately!
- Check the flashing and rubber seals around vents. (Damaged or missing flashing is one of the main reasons for a leaking roof)
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean so rain and other elements can drain off the roof and protect it from damage.
- Keep trees trimmed away from your roof so they don’t touch the roof or even hang over it in case of branches falling off during a storm.
- Have a professional inspect your roof every couple of years or after major storms.
If your roof is getting older and you’re worried about the cost of it, keep this in mind: a new roof ranked #1 in the 2017 Remodeling Impact Report put out by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) for the highest appeal to prospective home buyers and highest value to the home’s resale. It also proved to help the home’s energy efficiency! If you have any questions on this or would like a recommendation for a roofing professional, please reach out to me (Kylie) at 303-597-6550.
In addition, I have personally had roof condition make a house more attractive to my client as well as a bad roof made the entire transaction fall through. It’s true when professionals say ‘a roof can make it or break it’.
Thank you for letting me help you keep your top in tip-top shape!