Recipe Book: Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
When you think of Thanksgiving dinner, is your first thought Mashed Potatoes? Well probably not since most people immediately think of turkey but the perfect side dish to turkey is mashed potatoes! Now, with 2 kids under 4 years old, you know I'm ALWAYS looking for ways to make meals fast, easy, but still delicious. Therefore, I turn to my Instant Pot pressure cooker. If you don't have one, you need to get one!
This is the perfect recipe for super fast, super easy, and super delicious mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner!!
- 2 lbs Russet potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk heavy cream (half and half can also be used)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives (optional)
- butter for serving (optional)
- Place the potatoes, water and salt in an Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on, turn the valve to seal, then set the Instant Pot for manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, release the pressure by turning the valve to vent. Once vented, take the lid off.
- Add the milk, butter and pepper to the Instant Pot. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes to desired consistency. You can add more milk if needed, one tablespoon at a time.
- Taste your potatoes and add more salt if needed.
- Spoon the potatoes into a serving bowl. Top with additional pats of butter and sliced chives if desired and ENJOY!