Recipe: DBT (Delicious Breakfast Tacos)
I have to be honest, I am not the Chef in the house, my husband is. I don't mind it though since one of my favorite things is watching him teach our 2-year-old son about cooking. In this pic, he is showing him how to make one of our family’s fave's.... breakfast tacos! We fell in love with them while living in Austin so we make them regularly, now in Denver. Here's the McKay take on Breakfast Tacos!
Ingredients: Serves 2 1/2 people Flour Tortillas
Mexican Cheese Blend
1. Heat a heavy skillet over med-high heat, add oil (when you add a couple drops of water and it pops, oil is hot enough)
2. Cut up a tortilla into thin slices for the "chips" and fry until golden brown and crispy
3. Dice tomato, cilantro, onion and avocado (we did slices but you can also dice them)
4. Scramble 2-3 eggs with lemon pepper
5. Put tortillas into oven, just until warm
6. Assemble tortilla with scrambled egg, cheese, tomato, cilantro, onion, avocado, and "chips."